Time on My Hands – An exhibition of creative reflections on #lockdown
Open call for creative personal reflections on lock down
Thank you to everyone who made an entry to Time on Your hands.
Entries are now closed and we will shortly be contacting all successful entrants.
As an artist I used my creativity to help me manage my mental health, as well as to create items that helped me to reflect on the time I spent alone in lock down #3. I chose to create a series of clocks to represent my experience of lock down.
Some of the time was easy to enjoy, a lot of it was not. I began to think of others experiences and how they might represent their lock down. Given that I don’t have speech, conversations can be very tricky things, so I have decided instead of trying to use speech and technology, we should use the universal language of art to share our experience of lock down in North Tyneside.
I know I am not alone in using creativity to help me through lock down. You may have painted, sewn, knitted, photographed, doodled, or otherwise created to help yourself. I believe time on our hands can be a diverse and interesting exhibition to bring together our reflections and creations of an unprecedented time in our community history.
I am inviting anyone who lives or works in North Tyneside, who would like to have work considered for the exhibition to email me a photo of their piece of work plus a short description about it and it’s connection to lock down, (max 120 words). Together with their name and postcode.
- Entries should be submitted by using the entry form below
- Please make sure each submission only contains one entry.
- You can send a maximum of two entries for consideration.
- Please make sure your work will be available for the entire length of the exhibition, which is planned to be throughout August 2021.
- Exhibit size should not exceed 50cm x 50cm.
- The closing date for entries is noon on June 6th 2021
- Successful applicants will be notified by July 1st 2021
- Currently, the venue for the exhibition will be the Bank Studio and Gallery space in the Beacon Centre North Shields.
- Successful applicants will be expected to deliver and collect their work in person from the exhibition space at times and dates to be given to successful applicants.
- There is no fee for entry or for exhibiting. The exhibition is being sponsored by Happy Planet Creative Arts CIC.
- If work is available for sale at the exhibition it will be commission-free.
- Opening times of the exhibition will be advertised nearer the date of the exhibition as they will depend on the current covid guidance at that time.
- We may ask successful applicants if they are available to help invigilate at the exhibition.
Really looking forward to seeing everyone’s work